Dr. Mohammad Ashfaq Konchwalla
Consultant Orthopaedic & Sports Surgeon
Dip.Sports Med (Edinburgh), MFSEM (UK), CCT (UK)
Dr. Konchwalla brings to the UAE a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field of Orthopaedics sports and trauma surgery gained from over 20 years experience in a number of UK hospitals.
With a special interest in Sports Surgery, Dr. M. Ashfaq Konchwalla specializes in soft tissue and ligament injuries of the knee, shoulder, ankle, and hip. He is also experienced in the management of bone and disorders such as arthritis of the hip, knee, and shoulder which may also be managed by total joint replacement. Dr. Konchwalla has particular experience in trauma-related sports injuries (rugby, football, cricket) using both surgical and non-surgical means. His goal is to seek to improve the quality of life for his patients and restore injured people back to a healthy level of activity.
- FRCS (Tr & Ortho), Intercollegiate Board, Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, England, Glasgow and Ireland.
- FRCS (Eng), Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, England
- FRCS (Glas), Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Glasgow
- Dip. Sports Med (UK), Royal College of Surgeons of Sports and Exercise Medicine, Edinburgh, England, Glasgow, Ireland.
- MFSEM (UK), Founder Member of Faculty of Sports & Exercise Medicine (UK)
- General Medical Council, UK
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Founder Member of the Faculty of Sports and Exercise Medicine (UK)
- AO Alumni, Switzerland
- CCST (UK), Certificate of Completion of Specialist Training (UK)
Sports Surgical Experience
- Knee, Shoulder, Ankle, Hip
Orthopaedic Surgical Experience
- Knee joint replacement with computer-assisted navigation surgery
- Hip joint replacement
Professional Live Sporting Experience
- Specialist supervisor Twickenham Rugby Stadium
- Specialist Supervisor at Dubai Rugby Sevens
- Affiliated to Sporting Clubs in UK, UAE and Pakistan
- Medical Director of Pakistan Super Cricket League
- Medical Director of Champion Cricket League
- Medical Team Director of Formula F1 – Yas Island, Abu Dhabi
- Actively involved in the consultation and treating of professional athletes in UK, UAE and Pakistan
- Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore, UK.
- Hammersmith Hospital, London, UK
- Charring Cross Hospital, UK
- Kings College Hospital, UK
- Memon Medical Institute, Karachi
- National Hospital, Karachi